Cumulo9 would like to introduce the new drag and drop video email component! This new tool makes it so easy to drop a video right into your email and can help increase your email open rate and overall business email effectiveness. The following article discusses our new functionality and just how easy this new feature is to use, as well as how it can benefit your business communications.
How it works
It can be fiddly trying to get a video to seamlessly play in your emails, C9 Campaign makes it so much easier and less time-consuming. The video component has a one-step workflow, all you have to do is simply add your link! The thumbnail image and play button will be automatically added. You can even customise it with the simple drop-down menus.
Customisation options include the video thumbnail, play button style & colour, as well as text descriptions for the video.
All you have to do is simply click and drag a video component into the desired location within your email. The video component will now appear within the email. If your video is hosted on YouTube or Vimeo, a thumbnail will be automatically generated for you, however, your video will need to be 720p (or higher) for this to work. You can also preview, test, and send your email when ready, it’s that easy! Want to watch this new component in action? Click here
Benefits of Video in Email
Video is one of the best tools to help effectively engage with your audience. Helping to make the most complex topics easier to understand, video is also great at helping you to build a connection with your audience and create a loyal network.
Videos help build Engagement:
As noted, adding a video to your emails can help you build audience engagement as well as increase your open rate. There are so many great reasons you should start adding videos to your email campaigns, such as:
- Video is a media channel that helps gets the message across in an easier and more digestible format. As consumers become more visually motivated they are more likely to watch a video than read a block of text.
- Video can help boost brand awareness and can have a positive indirect impact on your search engine optimisation.
- Along with an increase in open rates, using videos in an email can help increase your click-through rates.
- Using video can also have a positive impact on your customer conversion rates resulting in a lower cost per lead or sale.
How to use video marketing in your emails?
You’re probably wondering how you can incorporate this new tool into your company emails? Fortunately, we have a list of a few great ways you can use video emails to your advantage:
- Video Blogs – Take your blogs to the next level by turning them into a video so they appeal to a wider audience, those that may not click your blog link may watch the video. A video blog is also some great content to share on your social media channels.
- Showcase a new product on offer – What better way to introduce a new product than to show off what it can do or how it was made with video. Reading about a product is one thing but seeing it in action is another!
- Keep your customers informed – Video is a great way to teach your customers something, such as how to use a particular product. Video is particularly helpful when it comes to more complex topics that can sound confusing through text or to simply keep them up to date on your business developments.
- Customer feedback – If you get great customer feedback why not capture it on camera and get your happy customers to explain to new customers why they love you or your product so much!
- Upsell to current customers – Your current customers are the most likely to engage in your content so use video to communicate with them and potentially sell them an enhanced service.
We hope you love the new drag and drop video feature. Please contact the Cumulo9 team if you would like to know more about how to use drag and drop video.